Behavorial Health Network, Inc
BHN is currently seeking a Peer Specialist for our Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) in Springfield, MA. PACT is a highly integrated outreach program that helps adults meet their goals and reduce hospitalizations. The PACT team is forensic-focused and is designed to reduce arrests and incarcerations and also operates a 24-7 group residence for five individuals.
The requirements of this position are as follows:
- Assists and monitors activities of daily living.
- Encourages independence, competency and decision-making.
- Initiates, supports and ensures quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness and respect and dignity
- If MAP certified, monitors overall health and well-being, and assists with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
- Shares wisdom gained through own recovery process and personal experiences navigating mental health and other systems.
- Provides support, resource information, advocacy, and related offerings to help others move forward in their own process.
- Facilitates mutual support and self-help groups that may address a variety specific and/or general emotional and physical health concerns.
- Develops groups and activities to support needs, wants and hopes of people receiving services.
- Provides support to consumers and families around behavioral health and medical needs.
- Plans and provides opportunities for community activities.
- Provides outreach services to individuals served on a frequent basis as required by supervisor.
- Provides safe and timely transportation in own vehicle, as needed for medical appointments, recreational activities, shopping, errands, etc.
- Provides on-going information, periodic reviews and documentation to support treatment and Treatment Plan goals and objectives.
- Performs normal cleaning and maintenance with or without individual assistance.
- If working the overnight shift the staff will: remain awake during the entire shift and leave a message for a supervisor on an hourly basis as scheduled during awake shift in order to report the status of individuals served by the program and any other assigned tasks.
- Individuals must be committed to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of individuals served.
Experience and Training:
- Minimum of six months experience in human services preferred.
- Lived experience of mental health recovery is required.
- Training is provided by BHN.
Schooling or Equivalent:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. with experience required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org then click on "Job Openings" to apply.