Event Fundraising Specialist / Development Specialist, Bike MS
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Bike MS is more than a ride. It's an experience grounded in camaraderie and marked by passion, inspiration, determination and pure enjoyment. It will be an experience participants will never forget, shared with new friends and old.
Much more than the ride of a lifetime, with each pedal stroke we are closer to reaching our goal -- a world free of MS.
The Development Specialist, Bike MS is responsible for fundraising goals by overseeing all aspects of assigned events, including individual participant fundraising, team fundraising, top fundraising clubs, volunteer management, and participant recognition. This position oversees revenue in a limited geographic area representing between $250K - $450K.
- Create event campaign and operational plans in conjunction with Society strategies and collaborate effectively with cross-functional departments to achieve fundraising goals
- Develop strong networks with corporations and within the local community, cold call or develop and grow prospects for potential revenue streams, and volunteer opportunities, and to increase Bike MS visibility and brand awareness.
- Lead the acquisition, retention, and cultivation of Top Fundraisers, teams and individual participants for assigned portfolio of events.
- Recruit, orient, train, and monitor performance of volunteers to organize events that meet or exceed the established fundraising goals. Assist by providing leadership to volunteer committees to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events.
- Manage prizes and events (awards / recognition dinner) to recognize, reward, and motivate successful volunteers and fundraisers to ensure ongoing commitment.
- Other administrative duties may be assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Business Development / Marketing / Non-Profit
- Four years of directly related experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Three years of related work experience in event planning, fundraising, or related field is required; previous non-profit experience a plus
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, e-procurement processes, and data analysis
- Social media savvy
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation for required travel