Outreach Specialist - Bilingual English/Spanish
East Valley Adult Resources
East Valley Adult Resources, Inc. (EVAR) empowers and supports older adults and their families. Our non-profit organization provides a dynamic and diverse continuum of opportunities for older adults to remain healthy, independent and connected to the community. Our core programs include Center-Based Services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Support, and Outreach/Social Services.
We are currently recruiting for an Outreach Specialist who is bilingual in Spanish and English. As part of the EVAR Outreach/Social Service Team, the Outreach Specialist will assist older adults and their families in navigating and accessing needed social services, benefits, and health resources. This position will conduct ongoing and targeted outreach to identify and support older adults who are low income, socially isolated, at-risk, and/or members of diverse and under-served communities. He/she will provide direct services including information and referral, informal counseling, care consultation, health promotion education and supportive service to individuals and groups, with a focus on empowerment to promote independence. The position involves significant teamwork and collaborative efforts with staff, volunteers, and aging/health/social service organizations throughout the East Valley.
Full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position
Competitive salary and benefits package
- Provide individualized assessment, information and referral, crisis intervention, coaching and on-going care consultation for older adults and their families. Provide services through home visits, office visits, telephone and email. Build individual capacity of participants to promote independence. Educate older adults to make informed decision and serve as an advocate to overcome barrier to service and care.
- Facilitate and coordinate access to basic need and support resources. Provide direct assistance with application processes for SNAP and other government benefits. Promote and provide direct support through Community Food Share, Food Plus Commodities and related services. Maintain an updated resources listing, including eligibility requirements, to address the needs of older adults and family caregivers.
- Develop, provide and coordinate group health promotion education and support sessions or programs as assigned. Conduct outreach, promotion and recruitment for the sessions, and coordinate logistics as needed.
- Conduct community outreach to increase awareness about EVAR and to enhance access to services and resources, particularly for low income, multicultural, and other under-served communities. Disseminate branded flyers and information sheets. Represent the agency at health fairs and community events. Develop and maintain effective relationships within community and aging networks.
- As part of the Outreach/Social Service Team, support all core programs and services, including Center-Based Services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Support, and Contracted Programs. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: promoting all services within the community, responding to incoming calls to assess and connect older adults with agency programs, delivering transitional frozen meals, and facilitating group activities.
- Serve as team leader for program development, outreach and service provision for specific populations, programs and/or geographic communities as assigned. Develop and support volunteer initiatives.
- maintain accurate case records and service reports in accordance with the procedures of the agency and funding entities, including computer data input and report compilation.
- Ensure that agency policies, standards and decisions are implemented and maintained in service provision.
- Maintain an organizational climate that attracts, motivates, supports and retains high quality staff and volunteers who are committed to service older adults. Provide training and support to volunteers are assigned.
- Serve as a member of the program staff team, participating in the development of targeted community outreach and other plans.
- Other duties as needed and appropriately assigned.
Job RequirementsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field, or a minimum of two years social service or community health experience working with at-risk older adults and their families. Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare concise reports and provide oral presentations. Computer literacy required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to encourage teamwork. Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with diverse community members. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Possess valid AZ driver's license and reliable vehicle to use in the performance of job. Ability to obtain Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card and compliance to EVAR's background check policies.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes and salary expectations to:
Alexis Chamness, Human Resources Associate
East Valley Adult Resources, Inc.
45 W University Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
Phone: 480-964-9014, Fax: 480-498-7306
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Position is considered open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer