Adoption Social Worker
ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Full-Time, Adoptions Social Worker for our Adoptions Program in Riverside, CA.
The ChildNet Adoptions program provides adoption home study and adoption finalization services to foster children and youth referred by the Department of Children and Family Services, as well as full adoption services to the general public.
The Adoptions Social Worker will perform various duties related to the identification and processing of potential adoptive families. The Adoptions Social Worker is responsible for ensuring that all adoption legalities are addressed so that adoptions are successful and are in the best interest of the adopted child.
The Adoptions Social Worker will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of required forms and files for adoptive families.
- Communicate with County personnel responsible for the court cases of children in the adoption process with the ChildNet Adoptions program. Provide written updates to the Adoptions Program Supervisor or Regional Director regarding the progress of adoption home studies as needed.
- Supervise and train foster families interested in pursuing adoption.
- Provide training to foster care social workers about adoption procedures and their role in the adoptions process.
- Complete adoption home study assessments for ChildNet families and other families referred by County placing agencies.
- Provide case management services to prospective adoptive families as needed.
- Work in conjunction with recruitment and placement units of child protective service agencies to facilitate the matching process for ChildNet adoption families and families referred to ChildNet by County placing agencies.
- Prepare and provide applicant-related documentation at the time of adoptive placement.
- Notify Adoptions Program supervisor or Regional Director, and ChildNet accounting department about the beginning of adoptive placement and need to stop foster care payments.
- Complete necessary post placement visits and provide supporting documentation/assessments as needed.
- Provide documentation to child protective service agency as needed, to complete the adoption process.
- Accessible by cell phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to respond to emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as necessary or as assigned by the Adoptions Supervisor or Regional Director.
Job RequirementsIn accordance with State of California Adoptions Agency regulation 89155, except as otherwise provided, the minimum educational requirement for social worker shall be:
- Master's degree from an accredited graduate school of social work or completion of all work toward a degree except the thesis.
Optional Requirements for Private Agencies: Upon approval of waiver, and except as provided in this section, the Department may authorize a private adoption agency to use the optional requirement of graduation from college and two years of social work experience in a social service agency. One year of graduate education in social work, or completion of an undergraduate major in social welfare may be substituted for one year of the required experience. Completion of a Department approved in-service training course, or completion of an undergraduate major in a field closely related to social welfare may be substituted for six months of the required experience. In all cases, however, a minimum of one year of experience shall be required under these substitution patterns.
- Should be SAFE certified and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience conducting SAFE Home Studies.
- Must be able to lift a car seat with an infant/preschool child weighing up to 40 lbs.
All employees must pass an employment TB, drug screen, physical exam and Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search clearance. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping valid auto insurance on file and maintaining a good driving record while employed.
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education, Foster Care and Residential Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to thousands of deserving children and their families for over 40 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable children and families
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Stability, Career Advancement, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 403b with discretionary employer match after 2 yrs, along with generous sick, holiday and vacation time.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!