Steward Health Care
Under the direction of the Sales and Marketing Manager coordinates home care services including hospice and private care and the processing of referrals for patients identified by the referral source as requiring home care services, in order to assure the timely and thorough implementation of services.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers and patients
- Provides Coordination for the delivery of patient care services
- Assesses identified patients/families for services required or requested
- Reviews records of patients identified by referring facility or physician as potential SHC patients
- Identifies Hospice patients that are general inpatient appropriate, ensure patient is admitted and continuous assessment is done as needed by the identified clinician(s)
- Meets with identified potential patients and/or families
- Identifies appropriate services to be delivered; communicates plan to patient, family and point person at referral source
- As the representative of SHC, is fully engaged with the members of the case management department, the clinical staff, physicians, including hospitalists, nursing homes and other referrers and most importantly, with the patients and their family/caregivers
- Presents SHC as a resource and leader in enabling patients to be discharged home as soon as possible, by arranging for patients to receive high quality post acute care in the home, provided by SHC. This may include creative problem-solving, in collaboration with SHC clinical leaders, for patients who are medically complex, and/or are socially or economically challenged.
- Maintains accurate and ongoing documentation of all patient/family contact and discharge planning activities or actions in accordance with individual facility policies and procedures related to documentation in clinical records.
- Facilitates communication between office, clinical staff, physicians, and patients
- Effectively communicates the role of the liaison nurse to all professional and lay customers
- Represents SHC in the Hospitals and in the community, across the Steward family of services
- BA/BS from accredited college or university
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Must be conversant with all lines of service including home health, hospice, palliative and private care
- Must be willing to work a minimum of one weekend per month, one major holiday and one minor holiday per calendar year and as department may require