Security Monitor I, Community Corrections Criminal Justice & Social Services - Ocean View
$16.50 per hour + $1.51 for every 40 hours worked
AtCoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standardsof professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. We are currently seeking a Monitor I, Community Corrections who has apassion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting. Comejoin a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people andcommunities we serve.
The Monitor I, Community Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the facility population including but not limited to safety, security and facility sanitation. This role provides for the care, custody and control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents.
- Monitor resident population and reports any suspicious activities or violations of policy, procedures, or regulations by residents or other individuals.
- Conduct resident counts, searches, room inspections, and vehicle searches as required. Conduct drug and alcohol testing as needed or as directed by facility administration.
- Process residents for intake/discharge in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the completion and quality of work performed by residents, where applicable.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Distribute food plates during late meal service.
- #correctionalofficer#residentworker#monitoringstaffonshift#communitycorrections# #protectandserve#lawenforcement#corrections#jailer#probation#parole#workrelease#ReducingRecidivism#reentry
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- California Adult Corrections Officer Core Course certification is preferred.
- Must complete the STC CORE course within one year of hire date or transfer to the position.
- Work experience in the operations of a correctional facility is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as required.
- A validdriver license is preferred.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.