Mental Health Therapist (Counseling)
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
- LSSI has an opening for an Addictions counselor/case manager in the Intact Family Recovery program, at our Des Plaines office.
- Employee works in collaboration with a child welfare partner, provides intensive, home-based clinical and case management services to women referred by DCFS who have given birth to a substance-exposed infant.
- Other referrals may be made of families with significant drug usage indicating risk of harm to affected children.
- Services include substance abuse assessments, treatment planning, individual counseling, referral/linkage, crisis intervention, drug screens and other advocacy.
- Also works in collaboration with DCFS, Juvenile Court and other community service agencies.
What We Offer:
- A CWEL sign-on BONUS If you possess a valid CWEL upon hire!
- Monetary Incentive Rewards
- Flexible schedules
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit plans
- Generous Vacation time
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- 403b, EAP and
- The Opportunity to become a part of a fantastic team of Child Welfare professional! There's more!
- Bachelor's degree in human services -related major strongly preferred.
- Also must possess a minimum of CARS certification with CADC certification strongly preferred.
- CADC must be obtained within two years at maximum.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Mental Health Therapist, Counseling, Social Services, Human Services, Personal Care, Medical Health Services, Mental Health, Case Manager, Community Support Specialists, Service Coordinator, Not for Profit, NFP.