Office Assistant II - CAS.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with general administrative duties and reception functions.
- Assists with data entry using MS Word, Excel, and other databases (such as eTapestry Donor Database, HR systems...)
- Performs basic clerical duties (filing, typing, copying, collating, faxing, etc.)
- Answers phones, directs calls
- Greets and directs visitors
- Operates a variety of office equipment
- Manages incoming and outgoing mails and distribution
- Maintains office records as requested
- Provides routine information regarding departments/programs
- Completes annual driver abstracts
- Updates to the employee handbook
- Orders departmental supplies for Administration and HR
- Maintenance of employee codes for CAS building
- Inputs data / donations in eTapestry and verify Statement of Revenue as needed
- Assists with matching gift donations? documentation and verifies donations
- Assists with other special projects for the Executive Office, Development Dept., and HR Dept., as needed (such as stuffing envelopes, folding brochures, affixing labels, sorting donations, setting up conf. room for meetings, etc.)
- Other clerical duties, as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED + 2 years of related work experience. Must pass skills test.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Knowledge of office practices and procedures. Knowledge of principals of customer service. Skilled in Word processing, Excel, and other computer applications (experience with e-Tapestry and HR systems preferred). Service orientation skills. Effective oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please Visit our Website to fill out the online application for this specific position:
Complete Online Application
If you are unable to complete the online application at this time,
please click ?APPLY NOW?, send in your resume and we will be in contact with next steps!