Child Welfare Assistant (Case Aide)
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
Under the general supervision of the program director, supervisor, or designee, perform a variety of social work, group and outreach activities to individuals and families. Full and Part-time positions available. Full Time and Part Time positions available.
- Provide client monitoring and linkage to appropriate services both within LSSI and other community agencies.
- Perform all tasks as required in the written service plan.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Meet productivity requirements as established by the program director or designee.
- Communicate with supervisor, work group and collateral agencies regarding children's and /or family's status.
- Complete and submit all necessary reports, billing, and documentation accurately and on time as required by agency and funding sources.
- Work in collaboration with the Children's Community Services network management team on programmatic, fiscal, community and organizational issues.
- Commit to and actively participate in the Continuous Improvement Principles; promote the integration of Continuous Improvement Principles in services.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present within the agency.
- Perform other related tasks as necessary or as assigned.
Identified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED (AA degree preferred).
- Basic understanding of child development and parenting, or equivalent life experience.
- Basic understanding of strengths-based, trauma informed interaction with clients.
- Submit to fingerprinting and pass required background checks, including CANTS, LEADS, Sexual Abuse Registry, Illinois State Police, and FBI.
- Valid Illinois driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance and access to transportation to make home visits, other required appointments, and transport clients.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, comprehensible manner.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences within the diverse client base served by the organization, as well as within the organization itself.
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensing.
- Monetary Incentive rewards
- Comprehensive benefits package including healthcare insurance, paid paid holidays, Sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible hours.
Come be a part of this challenging and rewarding environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Child Welfare Assistant, CWA, Case Assistant, Child Welfare, Social Services, Human Services, Child and Family Services, Child and Youth Services, Program Assistant, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.