Behavioral Health Consultant
Compass Health Network
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $4,000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) is part of the person-centered integrated care team and provides direct/indirect services to persons served in the medical and dental departments. Strong focus is placed on the partnership between these specialties, as well as between providers. This opportunity is uniquely positioned with our community partner, Jordan Valley (JV), within 2 clinics. One clinic is a family practice, and the newest clinic is a pediatric clinic, focused on providing care with youth and their families.
- Provide psychotherapy and/or clinical care management for persons served with a focus on patients receiving pain management services and/or have significant behavioral health issues
- Manage a caseload of counseling clients when appropriate
- Function as part of a multi-disciplinary team and participate in weekly treatment planning meetings
Brief Assessment and Behavioral Interventions
- Provide consultation to primary care medical practitioners on behavioral health issues
- Develop joint plans with medical provider on behavioral health aspects of patient care. While the Licensed Clinician will occasionally deal with typical mental health problems like depression and anxiety, the focus of their work will be on helping patients change behaviors that exacerbate primary healthcare problems such as diabetes, chronic pain, hypertension, etc. as well as delivering preventative care such as smoking cessation, weight management, and stress management education
- Provide brief assessment and referral, behavioral interventions, education and short-term follow-up for primary care patients with mental health, substance abuse, and medical compliance issues
- Provide education and support to patients and their families to encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes
- Conduct brief crisis interventions
- Develop and maintain procedures, protocols and paperwork/forms on an ongoing basis to ensure the programs relevance and usability to patients and clinic staff
- Provide psycho-educational support groups concerning a variety of patient health issues
- Maintain client records, following agency and state regulations
- Maintain agreed upon level of productivity
- Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member
- Complete initial paperwork and treatment plans with persons served
- Be knowledgeable of other human/social services for purposes of referral if the agency is unable to provide a particular service and maintain documentation of such referrals
- Stay abreast of therapeutic techniques and best practices in the field
- Interface with other human/social services to provide wholistic services to persons served
- Be knowledgeable of admission criteria for all programs as well as knowledge of Utilization Management criteria specific to insurance companies
- Provide licensure supervision, if applicable
- Perform Utilization Review activities as assigned
- Regular attendance (except as excused)
- Attend all training as required by Compass Health Network, Accreditors and Funders
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Master's degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling, or psychology as recognized by the US Department of Education required
- Doctorate degree in Psychology as recognized by the US Department of Education required ONLY for Licensed Psychologists
- At least one (1) year of experience, under supervision, in treating problems related to mental illness in addition to behavioral issues as they relate to chronic medical conditions required
- Working knowledge of DSM-5 preferred
QUALIFICATION(S): LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Must be licensed in Missouri under one of the following credentials: LPC, PLPC, LMFT, PMFT, LCSW, or LMSW
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness."
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.