Compass Health Network
Peer Specialists ignite the spark of hope that recovery is possible while promoting skills for coping with and managing symptoms and encouraging the use of natural supports and enhancement of community living skills.
- Sharing lived experiences of recovery, sharing and supporting the use of recovery tools and modeling successful recovery behaviors
- Helping individuals recognize their capacity for resilience
- Helping individuals to connect with other consumers and with their community at large
- Helping individuals who have mental illnesses and substance use disorders develop a network for information and support
- Assisting individuals to make independent choices and to take a proactive role in their treatment
- Assisting individuals with identifying strengths and personal resources to aid in their recovery and helping individuals set and achieve recovery goals
- Participates as a member of the treatment team, giving input on client Wellness Plans and treatment team decisions
- Until fully certified, Peer Specialists complete trainings, attend team meetings, shadow IHSs and other PSSs, and, with Supervisory direction, see clients, both in supervised and independent fashion, but do not bill Medicaid for services until full certification is achieved
- Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated; Driving is an essential function of this position
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
Operating vehicles or machinery
High School/GED required
QUALIFICATION(S): WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must self-identify as a current or former consumer of behavioral health, substance use, or co-occurring disorder services
- Must complete a state-approved training program, pass a standardized examination, complete certification process within 60 days of hire date, and maintain ongoing certification as a Certified Peer Specialist through the MCB (MO). Required only when applicable.
- A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness."
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.