ChildNet Youth& Family Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Social Worker for our Foster Family Network program in Bakersfield, CA.
Foster Family Network (FFN), a division of ChildNet, provides various support services to foster children, foster parents and their biological families.
The FFN Social Worker is responsible for providing social services to foster parents, foster children and their biological families. These services include supervision of foster families, participation in the placed child’s academic program, development of needs and Services plans and coordination of medical and psychological services for the placed child. The Social Worker must be available by cell phone to ChildNet management and foster families 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Social Worker responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide in-home support and guidance for foster families.
- Supervise placement of foster children, including regular visits/direct contact with the children and certified foster parent. Maintain accurate notes about interactions with each foster child and foster parent.
- Monitor the health, educational,religious, recreational, social, emotional, and psychological needs of each assigned child and coordinate services with available community resources.
- Develop and maintain a network of medical and psychological resources for foster children in the area of placement.
- Provide referrals to family therapy resources for the foster child and biological family.
- Monitor current status of educational planning and academic functioning of each assigned foster child. Represent the foster child in the educational setting whenever necessary.
- Participate in assessment team meetings in order to discuss individual cases, develop treatment goals, or plan for eventual family reunification (where appropriate).
- Develop and update Needs and Services Plans for each case.
- Maintain current required paperwork and files for assigned foster children and foster parents.
- Submit all required reports within required time frames to the County placing agency.
- Monitor adherence to licensing regulations for each assigned foster home. This includes driving to each home and physically surveying and supervising the care and treatment of each child in the home.
- Obtain and provide foster parents with required admission information upon initial placement.
- Transport clients when required.
- Interact and coordinate with other ChildNet departments and programs to coordinate the best possible services for clients.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Job RequirementsThe FFN Social Worker shall possess a Master’s Degree in one of the following disciplines as mandated by the State of California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (CCL):
All employees must pass an employment TB, drug screen, physical exam and Dept. of Justice/FBI/Child Abuse Index Search clearance. Underwriting requirements of this agency include keeping valid auto insurance on file and maintaining a good driving record while employed.
- Social Work or Social Welfare, Marriage & Family Therapy, Child Psychology, Child Development, Counseling Psychology, Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Educational Psychology or Education with an emphasis in counseling.
- The completed degree program must also include relevant course work and child-related experience and/or internships as required by CCL.
- Experience in foster care programs similar to FFN is desirable.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (computer, copier, multi-line phones and fax), and knowledge at an intermediate level or higher of Microsoft Office Suite is necessary.
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education, Foster Care and Residential Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to thousands of deserving children and their families for over 40 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable children and families
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Stability, Career Advancement, Tuition Reimbursement , Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 403b with discretionary employer contribution after 2 yrs.of service, along with generous sick, vacation and holiday pay.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!