Social Worker- MSW
Indiana University Health
This position is responsible for interventions with patients who have complex
psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social
programs and funding sources and qualify for community assistance from a variety
of special funds and agencies. This position will be doing home visits for
clients. The incumbent offers short term therapeutic counseling and crisis
intervention to patients and families with psycho-social needs, and coordinates
and facilitates the development of a discharge plan of care for high-risk
patient populations which includes accountability for the complex discharge
process. Social Workers will receive referrals for individuals from at-risk
populations. Social Workers are involved with 100% of some specifically
designated patient populations, and may intervene with patients identified as a
result of case finding processes.
This position requires Home visits and
works with the Geriatric population
- Discharge planning experience preferred for acute care settings.
- Position will require Home visits
- Requires knowledge of the impact of the disease process and of human
behavior to provide psychosocial assessments; short-term therapeutic counseling;
and crisis intervention to patients; families; and staff.
- Requires strong clinical assessment; planning; and goal development
- Requires knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs.
- Requires knowledge of state and county adult and child protective legal
- Requires knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
- Requires strong communication skills in giving and receiving information;
providing counseling; and developing positive helping relationships with
patients and families; physicians; and other members of the health team.
- Requires active licensure in the state of Indiana as a licensed social
- Requires Master's Degree in Social Work.
- Requires strong counseling skills to help patients and families understand;
accept; and follow medical recommendations.
Please apply today at http://careers.iuhealth.org/search/social-worker-msw-13†