Volunteer Services Coordinator
East Valley Adult Resources
East Valley Adult Resources, Inc. (EVAR) empowers and supports older adults and their families to remain independent and engaged in our communities. Our non-profit organization provides a full continuum of service, with core programs that include: Center-Based Services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Support, Outreach / Social Services, and Contracted Programs. Our vision is to be a leader in providing direct services and mobilizing resources that support the changing needs of our older adult population.
Overview: The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for promotion and coordination of Assistance for Independent Living Volunteer Services within the scope of the organization’s mission and under general supervision and guidance from the Program Operations Director. The program matches low income, homebound, socially isolated and at-risk older adults age 55 and older with trained volunteers to help promote independence. The position involves significant teamwork and collaboration with staff, volunteers, and the community.
- Coordinate and directly conduct in-home assessments and intakes to identify the needs of individual homebound participants and match them with appropriate services to be provided by volunteers. Build individual capacity of participants to promote independence.
- Recruit, screen, train, assign and supervise volunteers. Conduct volunteer orientations and ensure background check processes are complete before assigning volunteers.
- Develop and coordinate volunteer recognition activities.
- Serve as a public spokesperson for EVAR. In alignment with organizations branding and communications, network and conduct outreach presentations to inform older adults, senior living communities, faith communities and the relationships within the community, social services, aging services and health care networks.
- Maintain accurate participant files and volunteer service records in accordance with the procedures of the agency and funding entities, including computer data input and report compilation.
- Maintain an organizational climate that attracts, motivates, supports and retains high quality professional staff and volunteers who are committed to serving older adults. Lead, supervise and support staff, AmeriCorps members, student interns and volunteers as assigned.
- Ensure that agency policies, standards, and decisions are implemented and maintained in service provision.
- Other duties as needed and appropriately assigned.
Responsible to: Program Operations Director
Status/Hours: Full-time, exempt position. Primarily weekday office hours, with occasional evening and weekend work.
Primary Worksite: Mesa Active Adult Center. Position will require some travel via automobile.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field, or a minimum of two years experience working with at-risk older adults and their families. Experience with volunteer recruitment and supervision required.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare concise reports and provide oral presentations. Computer literacy required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to encourage teamwork. Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with diverse community members.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Possess valid AZ driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use in the performance of job. Ability to obtain a Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card and compliance to EVAR’s background check policies.