Senior Manager - Annual Giving - Fundraising
Senior Manager - Annual Giving
Gulliver is a co-educational private college preparatory day school established in 1926 in Miami, Florida. One of the largest independent schools in Florida, Gulliver enrolls more than 2,200 students in Grades PreK3-12 on four campuses.
Gulliver is seeking a Senior Manager of Annual Giving to oversee the school’s annual giving program to increase annual donations, expand the major gift pipeline and enrich the donor experience.
The Manager will leverage data, industry best practice and creativity to develop, execute and evaluate a comprehensive annual giving program that educates and inspires our school’s constituencies, including parents, alumni, past parents, grandparents, corporate partners and friends.
The manager will administer multiple direct mail/email/online/social media/phone appeal projects, plan stewardship and cultivation efforts including events, update donor records, provide reporting and analysis, donor/prospect research and relationship management, among other duties.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive data-informed annual giving strategy to identify, inspire, cultivate, solicit and steward annual donors
- Inform, track and meet/exceed annual financial and participation goals
- Conceptualize, execute and evaluate all annual giving communications and solicitations through multiple channels to the school’s diverse constituencies; this includes drafting copy of appeals and correspondence and development and oversight of segmentation strategies, creative concepts and distribution methods
- Create and monitor annual fund solicitation schedule; track and analyze results; communicate progress and produce financial and status reports
- Serve as a connector to align prospects/donors with institutional opportunities and peers
- Recruit and coordinate annual fund ambassadors across the institution
- Work with advancement colleagues to ensure that all annual fund gifts are acknowledged in a meaningful, timely and accurate fashion and appropriately recorded in database
- Evaluate and enhance donor giving societies and oversee the fulfillment of annual giving donor benefits
- Work with Events Coordinator to inform fundraising-driven strategy and concepts for large-scale annual events
- Collaborate with the Alumni Director on strategy, planning and execution of alumni annual fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop copy and concept for brochures and Annual Reports
- Make recommendations for transition of annual donors to major gift tracking and inform strategy for major donor cultivation and solicitation
- Remain current with institutional data and priorities as well as annual giving best practices
Senior Manager - Annual Giving
Bachelor’s Degree in a discipline that complements the skills and professional expertise utilized in an active Fundraising environment. Minimum 6 years’ experience in a fundraising capacity, preferably in education, with increasing responsibility and a proven track record of success; familiarity with fundraising software; experience working with donors; strong oral and written communication skills; able to work collaboratively and manage multiple projects. This positions reports to the Director of Philanthropy and Strategic Partnerships. 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M-F and must be able to work evenings and weekends to support event functions as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree plus 6+ years of work experience with fundraising and donor relations, ideally in a school setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in annual fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative communications, touchpoints and events that inspire people to action
- Analytical skills to track and evaluate short and long-term annual giving trends
- Interpersonal skills necessary to cultivate and motivate volunteers and donors
- Strong project management skills; able to manage concurrent projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow through on both long-term and short-term projects
- Experience with donor database software, MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Proactive, optimistic and positive attitude; able to work collaboratively in teams
- High emotional intelligence and cultural competency
- Solutions-oriented and industrious, willing to acquire new skills and take on new projects
- Ability to work evening and weekend events